The next regular, second-Saturday-of-the-month meeting of the Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group - UVTAGG will be on Saturday, 08 Mar 2014, from 9 am to noon in the LDS "Red Chapel", 4050 North Timpview Drive (650 East), Provo. Information about the Group, main presentations, classes, and class notes are available on their website http://uvtagg.org and the press releases are athttp://blog.uvtagg.org . On the blog you can subscribe to receive the press releases by email when they are sent out a week before the meeting.
The main presentation this month at UVTAGG will be by Suzanne Hansen on DIGGING INFORMATION OUT of DISTANT FAMILY MEMBERS. Suzanne Hansen is a wife, mother, grandmother, artist, author, speaker, genealogical researcher, historian, and blogger. One of her greatest passions is to teach and mentor children, teens, and adults in discovering their history that makes up their own family and the nation to which they belong, and their connection in the world. She believes that by bridging the past with present we can all shape a better future.
After the main presentation the following classes are scheduled.
- Writing Family Newsletters, by Suzanne Hansen
- Puzzilla and Other Affiliate Apps, by Marilyn Thomsen
- RootsTech 2014 Video, 5 Ways To Do Genealogy in Your Sleep, by Deborah Gamble
- Ask an Expert (Personal Help), by Don Engstrom and Finn Hansen
- Video of January's Main Presentation, Discover the Future of the Family History Library and Centers
- Ancestral Quest, by Gaylon Findlay
- Legacy, by Dean Bennett
- RootsMagic, by Renee Zamora
Check the meetings page at http://uvtagg.org/ for last minute changes or additions.
All meetings of UVTAGG are open to the public whether members of the Group or not. The Group has the
goal of helping individuals use technology to further their family history and there are usually about 100+
attending the monthly meetings on the second Saturdays.