26 March 2010

RootsMagic 4 Releases Update with FamilySearch AutoMatch

More great news for those using RootsMagic 4 or RootsMagic Essentials software and, especially for those who interface directly with new FamilySearch.

A new update and enhancement has been released adding a new time-saving feature called AutoMatch. This feature "examines each person in your RootsMagic file, searches the FamilySearch database for the person, and after carefully comparing them, matches them to gether if they are the same; all without requiring user intervention." Now you can start AutoMatch before you head to bed or go out for the evening and when you come back most of your database should be matched!  This feature is included in both RootsMagic 4 and in RootsMagic Essentials, the free version.


In additon to the new AutoMatch feature, this update is required for RootsMagic to continue working with new FamilySearch, probably early next week. So please take a few minutes and update your version. If your news screen has been turned off, remember to click on HELP>Check for Updates.

To see a list of the new items and the "fixes" in this update click here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling me about this, Sue. I'll be updating this evening. I use it every single day to compare with New Family Search so this is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky. I've been letting it run for the last couple of hours and it has matched up about 500 more people. I have close to 18,000 people and have about 10,000 matched! This will go way faster! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: Here are my numbers after using the AutoMatch feature.

    I have 18,016 people in this database.
    I already had 8,282 matched.
    That left 9,734 not matched.

    The AutoMatch feature went through those 9,734 in just about 18 hours. That averaged out to about 540 records checked each hour. (That would fluctuate depending on your internet connection).

    Out of the 9,734 records, 1,795 were living people and 6,861 matched up. I only have 1,078 that did not match.

    Included in the 1,078 records are those that are new people I need to add to new FamilySearch, OR my information is so different from what is in nFS that the AutoMatch feature could not determine if my person was in nFS.

    I'm impressed! That's only about 10% of my previously unmatched people that I need to focus on right now!

    It took me about one year of work to match the first 8,282 records! What a time saver!

    Great job RootsMagic!

    ReplyDelete