The main presentation for this meeting will be by Andrea Schnakenburg on HOW TO LIGHT A FIRE UNDER YOUR WARD. This presentation is geared toward family history consultants and family history center directors. Join us as we share some fun and fabulous tips for getting everyone excited about doing genealogy. We'll talk about how to get ward leaders involved, beginners excited, and research moving forward. Come learn how to motivate and inspire everyone, including the people who "just don't have the time".
Andrea Schnakenburg is the Training Coordinator at Ohana Software where she organizes and teaches various free web seminars. After graduating from BYU with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2007, she started work with Ohana Software as a graphic designer. That's when she really caught the genealogy bug and she has been learning and teaching ever since. She recently returned to Utah after living in Hawaii where she started her work with Ohana Software. Following the main presentation there will be several classes taught concerning technology and family history with topics for all levels of expertise and interest.
The teachers and classes presently scheduled for this meeting are as follows.
- Using the NFS Help Center and Sandbox to Solve Problems by Duane Dudley
- FamilyInsight: Separating Incorrectly Combined Individuals and More by Andrea Schnakenburg
- The Basics of Photoshop Essentials by Barry Ewell
- Mac or PC - The Best of Both Worlds by Larry Hudgins
- Individualized Help with PAF and NFS by Don Engstrom & Finn Hansen
- Video of last month's main presentation, Freeware and Shareware for Family History by Don and Diane Snow
- Ancestral Quest by Gaylon Findlay
- Legacy by Dean Bennett
- RootsMagic by Sue Maxwell