Saturday, November 16th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Discovering the Family History Center of Tomorrow
The family history center of the future is a place where families can discover together. It offers individuals and families simple, yet powerful, in-person experiences to discover their heritage and have their hearts turned to their ancestors.
Merrill White was born and raised in Sparks, Nevada. He graduated from BYU with a BA in history and a minor in music. He has worked for FamilySearch for 13 years, managed the Family History Library for six years, and is currently a product manager for the FamilySearch Discovery Center initiative. Merrill resides with his beautiful wife and five children in South Jordan, Utah.
Following Merrill’s keynote presentation from 9:00 to10:00 a.m., two blocks of four classes each are offered that cover topics of interest for beginning, intermediate, and advanced family history enthusiasts.
10:15 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
· “Using British Naming Patterns to Find Your Ancestors” - Craig Foster
· “How Photos and Stories Can Lead to Temple Work” - Fran Jensen
· “Ancestral Quest Basics” - Bud Wood
· “United States Statewide Collections on FamilySearch.org” - Adele Marcum
11:30 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
· “Doing Family History 15 Minutes at a Time by Organizing Your Time and Space” - CindyLee Banks
· “United States Church Records” - Jill Shoemaker
· “MacGyver Genealogy: How to Use What You Have to Create the Results You Want” - Adele Marcum
· “Photo Editing to Prepare Pictures for Family Tree and Other Uses” - Paul Hyer
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 West Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.