Don't Let Them Be Forgotten—Honoring Our Ancestors through the Arts
Riverton FamilySearch Library will host a free seminar on Saturday,
January 17, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. The seminar will help
genealogists of all skill levels learn how to:
• Involve your children, nephews, and nieces in family history.
• Share your heritage with your family, so they will become interested.
• Teach your family to gain inspiration from the greatness of their heritage.
• Teach them of the sacrifices made in the past from which they benefit.
• Teach them about understanding the past.
• Teach them that they are a part of the greater whole.
Beginning at 9:00 a.m., guests will hear from Clive Romney, who will
present stories, songs, and cowboy (pioneer) poetry that tell how his
heart was turned to his fathers through family history research and how
his art has turned to our fathers as he has traveled through Utah for
the past six years unearthing untold stories of Utah pioneers.
the keynote presentation from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m., two blocks of four
classes each are offered that cover topics of interest for beginning,
intermediate, and advanced family history enthusiasts.
10:10–11:10 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
• “Road Tripping for Genealogy” Laurie Beardall
• “New FamilySearch Indexing Program” Scott Flinders
• “Family History Detectives: Inspiring Youth to Dig In” Susanne Hansen
• “Find Your Past with findmypast” Sue Maxwell
11:20 a.m.–12:20 p.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
• “Managing 100s of Family File Cards” Mark Ruhlman
• “Your Ancestors in the Newspapers: Read All About It” Ron Ray
• “Make Family Memories: Tell Your Story Today” Joan Gust
• “MyHeritage—It’s Working While You Sleep”––– Sue Maxwell
is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch
Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 West
Market Center Drive (13175 South), Riverton, Utah.