18 December 2010

Official RootsTech 2011 Blogger!


I've been invited to participate as an Official Blogger for the RootsTech Conference February 10-12, 2011 in the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah! My guess is that you probably have never heard of this event, right? Well, RootsTech is a NEW genealogy and technology conference that is meant to define the future of genealogy! And looking over the list of classes, hands-on workshops, presentations, and  panel discussions, it certainly is THE conference to attend! Click here to see the Session Schedule for each day.


Interesting side note -- I participated in a FamilySearch Bloginar announcing updates about RootsTech a couple of days ago as I was traveling by car across the desert of Southern California! The bloggers were given a couple of possible ways to participate in this FamilySearch event -- either by using a software called ConnectPro where I could see the presentation and hear the audio on my computer, or I could call in using my cell phone, use a passcode, and hear the audio only. Well, you can imagine that using my laptop as I drove would not exactly work so out came my iphone! It worked like a charm! I tell you this to emphasize how easy it can be to intertwine genealogy and technology which is what the conference is all about.


RootsTech will bring together users and creators of technology to stimulate innovation! Genealogists all over the world use technology daily, and at RootsTech you can see how this all works together to influence the future of genealogy. It doesn't matter if you know a little or a lot -- there is something at RootsTech for everyone.


Early Bird Registration -
Don't miss out on the $99 Early Bird Registration! You only have until January 7th to get your registration in for the early bird deal. On January 8th the price goes to $150. There are also special rates for students with current IDs. Click here to register now!


Join me at RootsTech. If you can't be there you can follow me here on my blog or on Twitter @geneasue. Hashtags: #rootstech #genealogy

3 comments:

  1. Sue, congrats on being an official blogger! I'll be following your posts as you blog about it. I was able to listen in to the webinar after the fact and agree that the ConnectPro technology is nice. It would be nice if they offered this for the actual conference itself for those of us that can't attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'll be there so look forward to hearing all you have to say before and during the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I appreciate your comments. When I attended the First Blogger Day at FamilySearch several months ago they talked about being able to do more webinars and bloginars and opening it up. I still think they will. They are trying to see how well the process works with a small group.

    Also there will be 6 of the RootsTech classes that will be made available to those who cannot attend the conference this year.

    ReplyDelete