Shipley Munson serves as the director of the marketing division of FamilySearch. In this role, he helps people get excited about their family histories and works to establish the FamilySearch brand in the minds of the general public. Munson came to FamilySearch after a 25-year career in marketing where he advised such companies as Frito-Lay, McDonalds’s, Gillette, Apple, Delta Airlines, and Fidelity Investments. He speaks seven languages and has two degrees from Harvard University and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Following the 9:00 a.m. keynote presentation, there will be two blocks of four classes each that will cover topics of interest to both beginning and advanced family history enthusiasts.
Classes to be held from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. are:
· “Records Say the Darndest Things”-The Ancestry Insider
- “Pennsylvania Research: An Overview”-Tim Bingaman
- “Navigating the Globe with Google”-Devin Ashby
- “Introduction to Italian Indexing”-Brad Jensen
The classes available from 11:00 a.m. to noon are:
· “Tips, Tools, and Freebies, Part 1”-Ron Ray
- “Learning to Read the Scandinavian Gothic Script”-Anka Macgee
- “FamilySearch Wiki: Our #1 Tool”-Pat Jensen
- “Features Beyond PAF 5 in Ancestral Quest”-Gaylon Findlay