Introducing FamilySearch Family Tree
RIVERTON, UTAH - Genealogists and enthusiasts alike have benefited from new.familysearch.org, but FamilySearch’s new Family Tree will take things to a whole new level. Back by popular demand is one of our favorite speakers, Ron Tanner, who will offer the keynote address at the Riverton Saturday Seminar on February 18. In his address, “The Future of FamilySearch Family Tree,” he will discuss the issues with new.familysearch,org and how the Family Tree that is being built for www.familysearch.org will solve many of the existing problems. He will also offer a product demonstration of the Family Tree.
Ron Tanner is a product manager for the Family History Department. His primary responsibility is to lead a team doing research and design of new.familysearch.org and companion products. Ron has a master’s degree in Computer Science from BYU and has previously worked as a product manager and engineer at Novell, Citrix, and Bell Laboratories. Ron and his wife CheRee have four children, 2 son-in-laws, and a daughter-in-law.
Following the 9:00 a.m. keynote presentation, there will be two blocks of four classes each that will cover topics of interest to both beginning and advanced family history enthusiasts.
Classes to be held from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. are:
· “Research Strategies and Websites” (2 Hours) - Diana Toland
- “Your Head in the Cloud and Your Feet on the Ground” - Bret Petersen
- “Loops, Dups, and Oops! New FamilySearch and Ancestral Relationships” - Samantha Sulser
- “Danish Research-Using the Internet” - Orla and Karen Pedersen
The classes available from 11:00 a.m. to noon are:
· “Research Strategies and Websites” (Continued) - Diana Toland
- “Organizing Your Genealogy” - Beth Taylor
- “Loops, Dups, and Oops! New FamilySearch and Ancestral Relationships” (Repeat) - Samantha Sulser
- “Strategies for Searching-Using Ancestry.com” - Sue Maxwell
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of the Home Depot.