27 November 2011

Archives.com Partners with Family Tree DNA

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 22, 2011 -- Archives.com, a website devoted to making family history simple and affordable, announces another exciting way users can explore their family heritage. Archives has partnered with Family Tree DNA, the world leader in genetic genealogy, to enable users to purchase DNA tests through its website for the first time. These are being offered at up to 30 percent off the regular price for a limited time. Archives recognizes that DNA testing plays a critical role in family history research, and is glad to offer a simple, convenient way for users to get started with genetic genealogy.


If you want to read the entire press release, click here.
If you want to take advantage of the special 30% off deal on DNA testing, click here!


I've had a good deal of personal experience using Family Tree DNA and Archives.com! I really like both of them. I have done three different surname DNA tests (well, I did have to get the guys to take the tests!). One of them conclusively proved that the research was going down the WRONG line. Now I just have to jump from Tennessee to North Carolina in the late 1700s. The other two I am still struggling with, but I'm sure, will payoff one of these days. One is on a very common surname of Williams and comes out of Georgia during the Civil War era. I get lots of hits in the lower marker counts but haven't yet been able to tie in to one of the higher marker groups. My third surname test is extremely uncommon in the United States, so I'm patiently (haha) waiting for someone in England to also submit to a study. There just may not be any other descendants.


I originally received a free membership trial  to Archives.com and have grown to really appreciate it! I'm having a great deal of luck finding records for living cousins, and, I have found a lot of marriage and divorce records that have answered many a question in my research. They have vital records, newspapers, living people/public records. obituaries and much more. You may want to consider giving them a try to help you get past some of those brick walls!



No comments:

Post a Comment